From all we see in movies and magazines, most girls think they have a firm idea of what it means to be hot. Pouting your lips or wearing a sexy dress can factor into the equation, but they're only part of a bigger picture. If you have a boyfriend and want to dazzle him with your sex appeal, you should think about the way you feel and act as much as the way you look. Even if your boyfriend already adores you, you'll still likely blow his socks off if you go that extra mile.
1Keeping Your Body Healthy
- 1Get enough sleep. While it sounds like the least glamorous advice possible, getting sufficient sleep is an important part of looking beautiful. While it's recommended you should get at least 7 hours a night, many try to slip by with far less than that. If you want to look and act your best, make sure to get enough rest. Your skin will dry and age faster if you don't.
- It's also a good idea to try to fall asleep at the same time each night. Try to be awake for as much daylight as possible.
- Your mood and energy will also be affected by the amount that you sleep. It should come as obvious that you won't be acting with the same charm if you're trying to fight off sleep.
- 2Maintain good hygiene. If you want to look your best, it should be a no-brainer that you'll want to keep up with the absolute basics. Brushing your teeth at least twice a day, bathing or showering regularly, trimming toe and fingernails, and brushing your hair are just some of the things you should be keeping an eye on regularly. Even without any type of cosmetics, you can look very beautiful so long as you look healthy and well-maintained.
- 3Moisturize your skin. Moisturizing your skin is an important part of keeping it looking vibrant and youthful throughout the years. Although wrinkles on their own aren't necessarily a bad thing, signs of aging may have an impact on your confidence.
- It may be a good idea to buy a specific moisturizer for your eyes as well. Eye moisturizers use a more delicate material to adjust for the gentle skin around eyes.
- 4Get regular exercise. Regular exercise tightens up your skin and is an essential part of keeping your body in healthy order. Cardio exercise like running will help put you in a great mood throughout the rest of the day. Don't be afraid of working some muscle training into your workouts as well. Some women feel against it because they think it's too masculine. Muscle training is a great way to get fit for both genders however, and you'll look all the better once you commit to a regimen.
2Dressing Up Your Body
- 1Make your hands and feet glamorous. Manicures and pedicures are a great trick to take you from glamorous to casual. They feel great, and your boyfriend will notice the difference in the way you look and feel. It's a good idea to make the hands and feet match if you use nail polish. After all, you want to make yourself a consistent, impressive visual package.
- You can moisturize and manicure your hands at home if your budget's a concern. It can take some time to perfect your skills, but saves lots of money in the long run.
- 2Wear red or black. A sexy black or fire-engine red are colours that have sex appeal virtually built into them when worn by a woman who knows what she wants. The kind of wardrobe you're wearing shouldn't be completely different from what you're comfortable with, but aiming for suggestive colours can say something on its own.
- 3Slip into form-fitting or revealing clothes. A great deal of sex appeal has to do with what someone is wearing. What you wear in particular will have a lot to do with your personal sense of style. As a general rule however, you should try to find clothing that showcases the natural shape of your body. It's not the clothes your boyfriend's interested in; it's what's underneath that counts.
- You don't need to dress so provocatively to get a reaction out of someone. Something casual can usually do the trick. It's how you wear it that counts.
- 4Try a new hairstyle. Nothing changes the frame of someone's face like new hair. A new hairstyle has the ability to transform someone's look. Certain hairstyles fit different types of head better than others, but you r best bet is to pick a style that suits your personality and personal tastes. Look at some of the latest trends in hair. Although you shouldn't try to follow fashion unless it matches your own aesthetic, it can be a helpful refresher if you're not sure how you want to reinvent your look. Ask a hairdresser for her advice if you're stumped.
- As a general rule, you want your hair to compliment the shape of your face. If your face is boxy, you may want a wavier hairstyle to even it out. On the other hand, if your hair is round, a short cute style can add height to your face.
- If you're trying to look hot for your boyfriend specifically, it might help to ask him his advice. While you're not doing this purely for him, a second opinion always helps.
- 5Try out a sexy scent. Perfumes and fragrances are a healthy bonus if you want to be really hot. Smell is an underrated way to arouse someone's senses. Although your boyfriend is probably already very attracted to your natural smell, a perfume can attract his scent closer to you. There are lots of different perfumes available, and many of them can be quite expensive. You should go to a makeup counter at a department store or beauty shop and try out a few scents before settling on one in particular.
- Perfumes can be tricky, especially if you're wearing them to attract a man. Keep in mind that men and women interpret smells differently. A smell you love might turn him off. If there's any doubt, you should ask him beforehand.
- 6Get adventurous with eye makeup. Eye makeup is arguably the most important cosmetic trick you can do to transform the way someone sees you. Your boyfriend is going to be looking into your eyes most of the time the two of you are spending time together, so it makes sense to capitalize on this opportunity. Try using a bold mascara and an eyeshadow that blends in with your natural skintone. Trying a new makeup look will have your boyfriend looking at you in a new light.
- More colourful eyeshadows can make a playful touch. They're not recommended for casual days or nights out, but they can be fun when done once in a while.
- Slightly smudged black eyeliner is a great sexy look.
- White eyeliner underneath the eyelid can make you look more awake and intense.
- 7Emphasize your lips. Lip gloss and lipstick are such common things to use as part of someone's makeup wardrobe that they're easy to take for granted. However, just as with the eyes, you can recreate the look of your face through choosing a different type or style of lipstick. Try using a bolder shade of lipstick than the one you currently use. A lip pencil around the perimeter of your lips can highlight them and attract attention. Remember, lips are one of the most sensual parts of the face and body, and if you want to look as hot as possible, it wouldn't make sense not to give your lips some extra love.
- If you want to make your lips look bigger, you can draw lipstick over an area that's just slightly bigger than your lips themselves. This will plump up the look of your lips. Be careful not to go overboard however, as this will make you look very silly.
- 1Develop confidence. Confidence is key to being sexy. Even if your boyfriend already knows you well, having confidence will allow you to express yourself in exciting ways. If confidence is something you feel you struggle with, you should put some time aside to work on this part of yourself. Take control of your thoughts, and don't let any negative feelings get in the way of being self-assured.
- Making a list of things you like about yourself can be a great help.
- 2Overcome your shyness. If you're on the shy side, it can be difficult to overcome the feelings of insecurity that go along with social anxiety. Don't let yourself get too worked up over anything. Remember that you're worth being thought of as hot. If you're able to get outside your head and focus purely on your surroundings, your brain won't have the chance to trip you up.
- 3Flirt with him. If the two of you have already been in a relationship for some time, it's quite possible that flirting has stopped being a regular part of your interactions. Reintroducing some of this playful teasing into the mix can do wonders for the relationship. Light touching on the waist, hands or shoulder can go far. Smiling at and complimenting him will show a revitalized interest.
- Teasing has its place even in long-term relationships. If he has a cute eccentricity, make a light jab at it. Just make sure he's not insecure about whatever you're poking fun at.
- 4Text him throughout the day. If you're planning on meeting up later in the day or evening, it's a good idea to get him excited to see him by texting him. You can text him something suggestive or simply sweet. Something as simple as "I'm missing you a ton right now" will make sure he's thinking of you at that very moment. Every guy likes to be complimented, and a text message is an easy way to tell your boyfriend how you feel.
- Emoticons like the 'wink face' can do a lot to suggest emotion if the two of you are far apart.
- 5Take him somewhere unexpected. Boyfriends are used to being the ones who make the date plans. It's really hot for a girl to take a guy out on an adventure. He'll be surprised and swept off his feet. Even if the date is to some place he's been before, the spontaneous experience will be exciting for the both of you, and it will definitely have an effect on how attracted he is towards you.
- Being hot isn't the final word on what a guy thinks of you. If he's already in a relationship with you, your boyfriend obviously sees great things about you already. Chances are you're already doing things he thinks are really hot.
- Think about some actresses or celebrities you think have a lot of sex appeal. Some of them may not be the best looking, but they have a confidence and aura that convinces everyone they're more than worth desiring. If you want, you can model some of your behaviour after a chosen role model or two.
- Don't get too fixated on what your boyfriend thinks of you. That is the first seed of insecurity, and insecurity isn't hot at all.
- Don't feel bad if your boyfriend doesn't notice the extra effort you've put into being hot for him. On some level, he does notice. Some guys are just shy to bring it up if they think a girl's doing something feminine for them.
- It's not hot at all if you're giving your affections out to everyone. Your boyfriend will feel special if he knows your charms are reserved specifically for him.